This photo contest is now over.
Welcome to our November 2015 Photo Competition!
This is our sixth photo contest on Artizan Made, a regular event on our site with a new contest starting on the 15th of every month. Sign up to get our blog posts by email (on the sidebar) if you would like to be notified when the next one goes live. See the past ones here: Photo Contests. We will be taking a break over the holidays, so the next one will be in January.
This contest’s theme has to have something handmade in the image along with a celestial design: sun, moon, stars, or planets. The design does not have to be a part of the handmade item. Examples: Prop an astronomy chart behind your product. Hang a star ornament on a mug.
Vintage is allowed.
We set up a companion post with a celestial theme from our Artizan Made shops:
Check it out as it has a couple of great space videos. 🙂 Celestial Featured Collection
Read the Rules!!!
and then scroll down to the contest area.
You are allowed to photoshop your image and make it into art. In other words, you can manipulate the photo in any way you want, but the story that is being told is about a celestial theme and a handmade object. No collages. (Image needs to be one seamless image.)
1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi.
Please make your image square!
- Anyone is welcome to participate. Each participant can submit two photos.
- You must have the right to the photos you post. (Ex: If you did not take the photo, you must have permission from the photographer to use it, unless you are using a copyright free image to manipulate a photo.) Show off YOUR work!
- We retain the right to delete any photo that is poorly done or inappropriate for a family audience. Please note the size of the image. We will delete blurry and poorly cropped images. Make it nice!
- After submitting the photo, it will be held for approval and then posted on this page.
- There is a text field for a one liner when you submit. You can add more text to the image on Facebook once we post it there and then the winners will get a full paragraph and link on the Winner’s Page.
- Submissions will be added several times a day to this album on our Facebook page: ArtizanMade
- Deadline for submissions: November 21st, 10PM Central US time
- Anyone can vote by clicking on the heart on up to ten photos. Just hover and click the heart.
- Help your favorites win by sharing their photos with your peeps.
- Deadline for voting: November 22nd 10PM Central US time
- Winners: First and second places will be determined by the number of votes. If the same person wins twice in a row, the next one will be picked. If there is a tie, both will be given the same place and be included on the Winner’s Page.
- They will be posted on this page: Photo Contest Winners
- First place winner will be given a one year ad on TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List.
Contest Starts Here:
The upload link and timer will show up when the contest goes live and then disappear when it is over.
To vote, hover over the image and click on the heart.
Thank you for participating in our contest! This has been a great way to interact with our community. Our sister site, TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List, also holds one photo contest a month with textile/fiber related themes. That is also open to the public and contests are announced on the blog. Contests there start on the 5th of every month, but we will be taking a break on the contests on both sites over the holidays.
Artizan Made is a collective of handmade shops. Learn more on our About and Join pages. Most of our shops sell on Etsy, but we also support stand-alone sites. Explore our site, get inspired and support handmade!