This contest is now over.
Congratulations to the winners!
Ewe Sir won 1st Place with both entries:
Visit Ewe Sir on Etsy and follow on Facebook.
Second Place went to Clay Lick Creek Pottery:
Visit Clay Lick Pottery on Etsy and follow on Facebook and Instagram.
Welcome to our January 2016 Photo Competition!
Our Artizan Made contests are a regular event on our site with a new contest starting on the 15th of every month. We are now doing a series focused on colors, where the dominant color of the image is the contest theme. Sign up to get our blog posts by email (on the sidebar) if you would like to be notified when the next one goes live. See the past ones here: Photo Contests.
This contest’s theme has to have something handmade in the image and the dominant color of the image needs to be white.
Vintage is allowed.
Examples from our Artizan Made shops that would qualify for the contest:
(Featured image is from Karen L Howard.)
Read the Rules!!!
and then scroll down to the contest area.
You are allowed to photoshop your image and make it into art. In other words, you can manipulate the photo in any way you want, but the dominant color of the photo needs to be white, showing something handmade. No collages. (Image needs to be one seamless image.)
1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi.
Please make your image square! Images are cropped to a square automatically, so you might lose important visual info if it is a rectangle.
- Anyone is welcome to participate. Each participant can submit two photos.
- You must have the right to the photos you post. (Ex: If you did not take the photo, you must have permission from the photographer to use it, unless you are using a copyright free image to manipulate a photo.) Show off YOUR work!
- We retain the right to delete any photo that is poorly done or inappropriate for a family audience. Please note the size of the image. We will delete blurry and poorly cropped images. Make it nice!
- After submitting the photo, it will be held for approval and then posted on this page.
- There is a text field for a one liner when you submit. You can add more text to the image on Facebook once we post it there.
- Submissions will be added several times a day to this album on our Facebook page: ArtizanMade
- Deadline for submissions: January 21st, 10PM Central US time
- Anyone can vote by clicking on the heart on up to ten photos. Just hover and click the heart.
- Help your favorites win by sharing their photos with your peeps.
- Deadline for voting: January 22nd 10PM Central US time
- Winners: First and second places will be determined by the number of votes. If the same person wins twice in a row, the next one will be picked. If there is a tie, both will be given the same place.
- First place winner will be given a one year ad on TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List. Second place wins a one month ad.
Contest Starts Here:
The upload link and timer will show up when the contest goes live and then disappear when it is over.
To vote, hover over the image and click on the heart. Problems? Email rayela @ comcast.net. (remove spaces)
Thank you for participating in our contest! This has been a great way to interact with our community. Our sister site, TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List, also holds one photo contest a month with textile/fiber related themes. That is also open to the public and contests are announced on the blog. Contests there start on the 5th of every month.
Artizan Made is a collective of handmade shops. Learn more on our About and Join pages. Most of our shops sell on Etsy, but we also support stand-alone sites. Explore our site, get inspired and support handmade!
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Niche, For Men, Woodwork, Brown, Materials, Wood, Turned, Provenance, Americas, USAThis listing on Artizan Made is linked to my shop on Etsy where you will be able to see all of my work in stock. Click on the Shop button to visit.$285.00 Shop: Nelsonwood
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Plates, Weddings, Woodwork, Materials, Wood, Turned, Provenance, Americas, USAThis listing on Artizan Made is linked to my shop on Etsy where you will be able to see all of my work in stock. Click on the Shop button to visit.$45.00 Shop: Nelsonwood
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Garden, Table Top, Pot, Niche, Ceramics, Folk Art, Holiday Themes, Easter, Tribal Art, Vintage, Elements, Figurative, Grey, Animals, Rustic, Materials, Clay, Method, Provenance, Americas, MexicoClick on the Shop on Etsy button to visit my shop there.$76.00 Shop: Steel Goat Studio
Quickview All Products, To Wear, Accessories, Belts, Niche, For Men, Fair Trade, Textiles, Weaving, Elements, Blue, Cotton, Woven, Americas, GuatemalaFashion forward backstrap embroidered mens belts Click on the Visit our Website button to see what we have in stock.$49.00 Shop: MayaMamWeavers
Quickview All Products, Niche, Fair Trade, Folk Art, Textiles, Tribal Art, Weaving, Elements, Boho, Rustic, Yellow, Make It, Fabric, Materials, Fiber, Silk, Method, Dyed, Woven, Provenance, Asia, UzbekistanThis dramatic hand-woven silk velvet ikat fabric, featuring traditional tribal patterns and colors from the award-winning Craft Development Center of Uzbekistan, is the perfect accent for textile designers with an eye for the truly unique. This hand-woven, hand-dyed velvet is woven using a double warp system that requires a narrow 14" wide loom. Clicking on the "Visit Shop" button will take you to the HoonArts Fair Trade shop where you can purchase this item and see what other one-of-a-kind and small artist's edition treasures are currently in stock.$60.00 Shop: HoonArts Fair Trade
Quickview All Products, Jewelry, Bracelets, Niche, Textiles, Elements, Floral, Nature, Materials, Cotton, Fiber, Method, Sewn, Provenance, Americas, USAStitched threads bracelet inspired by the lovely blooms of summer.$75.00 Shop: Doughty Designs