Valentine’s Day is often celebrated by gifting jewelry. Diamonds are forever, right? The video below tells some interesting stories about Elizabeth Taylor’s personal diamond collection. An industry beset with issues of social injustice, diamonds made their way into our hearts as the ultimate love jewels. Today, synthetic diamonds are made which cannot be distinguished from the ones found in nature. Will that bring down their value? The diamond itself is only part of a story as the jewels in the video show, the workmanship that goes into design and the stories that accompany them also make a love jewel worth keeping.
I can’t guarantee that we have diamonds, but our Artizan Shops offer one-of-a-kind jewelry in many styles and price ranges!
Felt and fabric jewelry are nice options for people who suffer from metal allergies. Gilgulim has a shop full of earrings, necklaces and pins that are made from fabric.
Doughty Designs sews miles of thread to create a lacy effect. She sells through her shop here on Artizan Made.
For the boho or free-spirited steampunk crowd, how about some salvaged finds turned into works of art? AllThingsPretty rescues beads and other findings and makes stunning jeweled cuffs.
HeraMade: Erika is a master crocheter and knitter and she has created some fun crochet jewelry.
Pri Fabrics and Beads: Lina Sofia and her aunt collaborate to make fabric jewelry and home decor.
Jannelle of Something Else Studio has taken her painting skills and interest in historical costumes to create statement pieces that are distinctly hers:
Metalwork has a much longer life than fiber and can become heirloom pieces, handed down from one generation to the next. Our Artizan members working with metal jewelry represent a range of styles, including vintage works from places like Central Asia, the American Southwest and Mexico. Studio artists with a jewelry focus:
Down to the Wire Designs: The core of Chuck’s business is built on love…. engagement and wedding rings for the creative couple. He has developed dozens of styles that may include a mix of silver and gold, ornate floral patterns or simplicity.
Rioritajewelry Designs: Irith has a wide range of rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets in her shop on Etsy. She likes to use semi precious stones, old glass and coins and is influenced by antiques and tribal jewelry.
Lilygirl Original Wearable Art: Denise has a keen eye for unusual stones, fossils and other minerals. She combines those textures with her signature curled silver designs, creating an eye-catching, feminine balance.
Abdul Wardak of Afghan Tribal Arts immigrated to the United States in the 1980’s and has been importing both new and vintage jewelry since then. He has helped many families over the years by both providing them with business and by helping them when in need.
Hot Moon Collection has great vintage jewelry, much of it by famous artists who have since passed on. Her Navajo and Zuni pieces are stunning!
Debra worked in the museum shop circuit for many years where her love of folk and tribal art grew and influenced her own art. She carries vintage Mexican and other tribal jewelry in her Steel Goat Studio shop.
CulturalPatina’s collection on Etsy has museum quality tribal and Western art, including an excellent selection of beaded Timor necklaces and belts.
Humans have adorned themselves for as long as we have recorded our existence on earth. Whatever your personal aesthetic, we strive to offer a great selection and love the people behind these products. Diamonds may be “a girl’s best friend”, but it’s almost impossible to certify conflict free stones. Instead, support handmade and enjoy our talent!
You can find more jewelry in our Market. The selection below is pulled randomly from there and changes daily. Some of our members use our cart here on Artizan, while others link back to their shops on their own sites. Shop with confidence as all have an excellent record in our community!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Be filled with love….
- All Products, To Wear, Jewelry, Earrings, Niche, Fair Trade, Folk Art, Tribal Art, Elements, Boho, Green, Materials, Gemstone, Silver, Method, Hammered, Provenance, Asia, TajikistanThese striking sterling silver dangle earrings, with a small bright green chrysoprase cabachon, are hand crafted by Tajik master jeweler, Abdurakhmon Nazirmatov.Clicking on the "Visit Shop" button will take you to the HoonArts Fair Trade shop where you can purchase this item and see what other one-of-a-kind and small artist's edition treasures are currently in stock.$99.99 Shop: HoonArts Fair Trade
- All Products, To Wear, Jewelry, Necklaces, Modern, Rustic, Zen, Materials, Gemstone, Silver, Hammered, Provenance, Asia, IsraelIsraeli Designer Necklaces: Irith Mashiah, a jewelry designer from Haifa, Israel, enjoys exploring influences from the past to inform her contemporary RioritaJewelry line. She often uses hammered techniques and gemstones, bringing in elements from nature: flowers, leaves, and organic forms.$157.00 Shop: Riorita Jewelry
- All Products, Jewelry, Bracelets, Folk Art, Upcycled, Black, Dots, White, Paper, Beaded, Sewn, Americas, USAThis bracelet is made of folded pieces of paper in what is known as the "candywrapper technique". It has about 60 pieces of paper that have been folded and interlocked with each other. Each row is sewn internally to the next one. I use fake gut. The beads are carved discs made from coconuts (Nigeria) and green soapstone.$38.00 Shop: Rayela Art
- Bracelets, Textiles, Nature, Fiber, Mixed Media, Sewn, USASmall stitched-thread maple leaves are complemented by shell beads in this nature-inspired bracelet.$60.00 Shop: Doughty Designs
- All Products, To Wear, Jewelry, Pendants, Niche, Easter, Vintage, Elements, Mission Style, Rustic, Spirituality, Materials, Silver, Method, Poured, Provenance, AmericasHandmade, antique Spanish silver crucifix melted down from coins.$115.00 Shop: Sir Raffles Art and History
- All Products, To Wear, Jewelry, Necklaces, Textiles, Elements, Materials, Cotton, Glass-Material, Wood, Method, Sewn, Provenance, Americas, USAWear the richness of the harvest with this fiber art necklace featuring apples, grapes, and three-dimensional pears.$95.00 Shop: Doughty Designs
- All Products, To Wear, Jewelry, Necklaces, Niche, Textiles, Elements, Lace, Modern, Cotton, Fiber, Sewn, Provenance, Americas, USASilver and gold metallic threads, stitched on my domestic sewing machine, create a world map using an authentic cartographic projection.$55.00 Shop: Doughty Designs