This contest is now over!
Congratulations to our winners:
Welcome to our February 2016 Photo Contest!
Our Artizan Made contests are a regular event on our site with a new contest starting on the 15th of every month. We are now doing a series focused on colors, where the dominant color of the image is the contest theme. Sign up to get our blog posts by email (on the sidebar) if you would like to be notified when the next one goes live. See the past ones here: Photo Contests.
This contest’s theme has to have something handmade in the image and the dominant color of the image needs to be red.
Vintage is allowed.
Read the Rules!!!
and then scroll down to the contest area.
You are allowed to photoshop your image and make it into art. In other words, you can manipulate the photo in any way you want, but the dominant color of the photo needs to be red, showing something handmade. No collages. (Image needs to be one seamless image.)
1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi.
Please make your image square! Images are cropped to a square automatically, so you might lose important visual info if it is a rectangle.
- Anyone is welcome to participate. Each participant can submit two photos.
- You must have the right to the photos you post. (Ex: If you did not take the photo, you must have permission from the photographer to use it, unless you are using a copyright free image to manipulate a photo.) Show off YOUR work!
- We retain the right to delete any photo that is poorly done or inappropriate for a family audience. Please note the size of the image. We will delete blurry and poorly cropped images. Make it nice!
- After submitting the photo, it will be held for approval and then posted on this page.
- There is a text field for a one liner when you submit. You can add more text to the image on Facebook once we post it there.
- Submissions will be added several times a day to this album on our Facebook page: ArtizanMade
- Deadline for submissions: February 21st, 10PM Central US time.
- Anyone can vote by clicking on the heart on up to ten photos. Just hover and click the heart.
- Help your favorites win by sharing their photos with your peeps.
- Deadline for voting: February 22nd 10PM Central US time
- Winners: First and second places will be determined by the number of votes. If the same person wins twice in a row, the next one will be picked. If there is a tie, both will be given the same place.
- First place winner will be given a one year ad on TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List. Second place wins a one month ad.
Contest Starts Here:
The upload link and timer will show up when the contest goes live and then disappear when it is over.
To vote, hover over the image and click on the heart. Problems? Email rayela @ comcast.net. (remove spaces)
Thank you for participating in our contest! This has been a great way to interact with our community. Our sister site, TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List, also holds one photo contest a month with textile/fiber related themes. That is also open to the public and contests are announced on the blog. Contests there start on the 5th of every month.
Artizan Made is a collective of handmade shops. Learn more on our About and Join pages. Most of our shops sell on Etsy, but we also support stand-alone sites. Explore our site, get inspired and support handmade!
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Mugs and Cups, Ceramics, Beach-Resort-Water, Blue, Green, Nature, Clay, Slab Built, Provenance, Americas, USASue Capillo's frog handle mugs delight your senses and warm your heart! Her Botanic2Ceramic creations are inspired by nature. She works in a series, but each mug is one of a kind.$50.00 Shop: Botanic2Ceramic
Quickview All Products, Art Dolls and Creatures, Sculpture, Decorative, Upcycled, Blue, Mixed Media, Glued, Sewn, Americas, USACarla Trujillo uses a variety of found materials, fabric, clay, and wire to create her mixed media art doll collections. Often spiritual, this Cincinnati artist shines!$120.00
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Mugs and Cups, Niche, Ceramics, Elements, Animals, Beach-Resort-Water, White, Materials, Clay, Method, Slab Built, Provenance, Americas, USALife on the Lagoon Mug is teeming with butterflies, a dragonfly, frog and a fish! Botanic2Ceramic: Mission Style and Nature Inspired Pottery Clicking on the Shop on Etsy button will take you to my Etsy shop. Once there, explore everything I have in stock.$50.00 Shop: Botanic2Ceramic
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Bowls, Elements, Yellow, Materials, Glass-Material, Method, Blown, Provenance, Americas, USAClick on the Shop on Etsy button to visit my shop there. You will see all of my available stock.$90.00 Shop: ElliottGlassArt
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Wall Art, Art Quilts, Niche, For Men, Decorative, Art Quilts Niche, Textiles, Elements, Dots, Modern, Purple, Cotton, Method, Quilted, Sewn, Provenance, Americas, USA“Circle Play” is a quilted wall hanging composed of hand-dyed cotton circles fused onto a pieced background. It is machine quilted with straight line stitching and mounted on a stretched canvas. The colors will brighten a wall in your home or office.$200.00 Shop: Floris Flam Art Quilts
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Art Dolls and Creatures, Garden, Sculpture, Tribal Art, Vintage, Woodwork, Elements, Figurative, Animals, Brown, Rustic, Materials, Wood, Method, Carved, Painted, Provenance, Asia
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Baskets, Table Top, Bowls, Wall Art, Weaving, Modern, Orange, Pink, Red, Cotton, Fiber, Mixed Media, Woven, Provenance, Americas, USACoiled abstract open bowl--for wall or table$450.00 Shop: Lin Bentley Keeling
Quickview All Products, Table Top, Plates, Ceramics, Floral, Yellow, Thrown, Americas, USASandy Kreyer is known for her use of flowers and birds on her beautiful pottery. Her floral ceramic plates are completely functional and can hang as art when not in use. Prices range from $30 USD for a small plate to $100 for the larger dinner plates and platters. Sandy lives in Long Beach, California, USA, and works out of her home studio, Kiln House Pottery.$100.00