This contest is now over!
Congratulations to our winners:
Welcome to our February 2016 Photo Contest!
Our Artizan Made contests are a regular event on our site with a new contest starting on the 15th of every month. We are now doing a series focused on colors, where the dominant color of the image is the contest theme. Sign up to get our blog posts by email (on the sidebar) if you would like to be notified when the next one goes live. See the past ones here: Photo Contests.
This contest’s theme has to have something handmade in the image and the dominant color of the image needs to be red.
Vintage is allowed.
Read the Rules!!!
and then scroll down to the contest area.
You are allowed to photoshop your image and make it into art. In other words, you can manipulate the photo in any way you want, but the dominant color of the photo needs to be red, showing something handmade. No collages. (Image needs to be one seamless image.)
1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi.
Please make your image square! Images are cropped to a square automatically, so you might lose important visual info if it is a rectangle.
- Anyone is welcome to participate. Each participant can submit two photos.
- You must have the right to the photos you post. (Ex: If you did not take the photo, you must have permission from the photographer to use it, unless you are using a copyright free image to manipulate a photo.) Show off YOUR work!
- We retain the right to delete any photo that is poorly done or inappropriate for a family audience. Please note the size of the image. We will delete blurry and poorly cropped images. Make it nice!
- After submitting the photo, it will be held for approval and then posted on this page.
- There is a text field for a one liner when you submit. You can add more text to the image on Facebook once we post it there.
- Submissions will be added several times a day to this album on our Facebook page: ArtizanMade
- Deadline for submissions: February 21st, 10PM Central US time.
- Anyone can vote by clicking on the heart on up to ten photos. Just hover and click the heart.
- Help your favorites win by sharing their photos with your peeps.
- Deadline for voting: February 22nd 10PM Central US time
- Winners: First and second places will be determined by the number of votes. If the same person wins twice in a row, the next one will be picked. If there is a tie, both will be given the same place.
- First place winner will be given a one year ad on TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List. Second place wins a one month ad.
Contest Starts Here:
The upload link and timer will show up when the contest goes live and then disappear when it is over.
To vote, hover over the image and click on the heart. Problems? Email rayela @ comcast.net. (remove spaces)
Thank you for participating in our contest! This has been a great way to interact with our community. Our sister site, TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List, also holds one photo contest a month with textile/fiber related themes. That is also open to the public and contests are announced on the blog. Contests there start on the 5th of every month.
Artizan Made is a collective of handmade shops. Learn more on our About and Join pages. Most of our shops sell on Etsy, but we also support stand-alone sites. Explore our site, get inspired and support handmade!
Quickview All Products, To Wear, Clothing, Tops, Modern, White, Dyed, Painted, Sewn, Americas, USAAdd some color to your wardrobe with Color Creek's long sleeve hand dyed t-shirt! Hand dyed by artist, Mary Hertert, each is one-of-a-kind, a piece of wearable art sure to stand out at your next gathering!$145.00 Shop: ColorCreek
Quickview All Products, Pillows, Textiles, Green, Modern, Nature, Zen, Linen, Printed, Sewn, Europe, FranceAffaires Nomades Square Linen Art Pillow collection by Fumika Dubois. Her art is printed on linen and then made into the pillow covers. Purchase on Etsy.$107.00
Quickview All Products, To Wear, Jewelry, Necklaces, Textiles, Elements, Materials, Cotton, Glass-Material, Wood, Method, Sewn, Provenance, Americas, USAWear the richness of the harvest with this fiber art necklace featuring apples, grapes, and three-dimensional pears.$95.00 Shop: Doughty Designs
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Sculpture, Vintage, Woodwork, Brown, Rustic, Spirituality, Wood, Carved, Asia, PhilippinesThe subject of this carving is St. Roch or Santo Rocco. On the custom base it stands just over 15" in height. The origin is the Philippines. Circa 1850.$350.00 Shop: Sir Raffles Art and History
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Bowls, Vases, Niche, Glass, Elements, Beach, Resort, Water, Blue, Modern, White, Materials, Glass-Material, Method, Blown, Americas, USAJeff Elliott creates hand blown glass vessels in Pleasanton, California. The glass art Closed Bowl collection featured here shows some of his work. Visit his shop on Etsy to see other shapes, colors and paper weights.$90.00 Shop: ElliottGlassArt
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Bowls, Elements, Yellow, Materials, Glass-Material, Method, Blown, Provenance, Americas, USAClick on the Shop on Etsy button to visit my shop there. You will see all of my available stock.$90.00 Shop: ElliottGlassArt
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Baskets, Table Top, Bowls, Wall Art, Weaving, Modern, Orange, Pink, Red, Cotton, Fiber, Mixed Media, Woven, Provenance, Americas, USACoiled abstract open bowl--for wall or table$450.00 Shop: Lin Bentley Keeling