Welcome to our August 2015 Photo Competition!
This is our third competition on Artizan Made, a regular event on our site with a new contest starting on the 15th of every month. Sign up to get our blog posts by email (on the sidebar) if you would like to be notified when the next one goes live. Se the past ones here: Photo Contests.
This contest’s theme has to have a creature in the image. Basically, we want to see your pets! But, it can be any creature and something handmade must be in the image. The creature can be art.
Examples of creature images that would be acceptable:
Read the Rules and then scroll down to see the contest area.
You are allowed to photoshop your image and make it into art. In other words, you can manipulate the photo in any way you want, but the story that is being told is about a creature and a handmade object.
1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi.
- Anyone is welcome to participate. Each participant can submit two photos.
- You must have the right to the photos you post. (Ex: If you did not take the photo, you must have permission from the photographer to use it, unless you are using a copyright free image to manipulate a photo.) Show off YOUR work!
- We retain the right to delete any photo that is poorly done or inappropriate for a family audience. Please note the size of the image. We will delete blurry and poorly cropped images. Make it nice!
- After submitting the photo, it will be held for approval and then posted on this page.
- There is a text field for a one liner when you submit. You can add more text to the image on Facebook once we post it there and then the winners will get a full paragraph and link on the Winner’s Page.
- Submissions will be added several times a day to this album on our Facebook page: ArtizanMade
- Deadline for submissions: August 21st, 10PM Central US time
- Anyone can vote by clicking on the heart on up to ten photos. Just hover and click the heart.
- Help your favorites win by sharing their photos with your peeps.
- Deadline for voting: August 22nd 10PM Central US time
- Winners: First and second places will be determined by the number of votes. If the same person wins twice in a row, the next one will be picked. If there is a tie, both will be given the same place and be included on the Winner’s Page.
- They will be posted on this page: Photo Contest Winners
Contest Starts Here:
Thank you for participating in our contest! This has been a great way to interact with our community. Our sister site, TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List, also holds one photo contest a month with textile/fiber related themes. That is also open to the public and contests are announced on the blog. Contests there start on the 5th of every month and the next themes are: September/Woven and October/Felted.
Artizan Made is a collective of handmade shops. Learn more on our About and Join pages. Most of our shops sell on Etsy, but we also support stand-alone sites. Explore our site, get inspired and support handmade!