Artizan: Made by Hand is a collective of shops that sell handmade products.
Artizan Made is associated with but separate from TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List. Our TAFA member textile and fiber art shops were the first members of the Artizan collective, but then we broadened our base by accepting non-member shops with other handmade products that we love and want to support.
Our main focus on this site is on home decor and eco-fashion.
Both TAFA and Artizan Made embrace the belief that our historical roots and international connections inform and support each other, so as you explore our shops, you will find handmade products made by studio artists around the world, along with ethical vintage offerings, fair trade groups and small-scale importers. We live in an exciting time where the internet, ease of travel and access to new markets offer previously isolated makers and keepers of tradition to form partnerships, exchange ideas and to flourish and grow in often unexpected ways. You can be a part of that by spreading our efforts around and helping us tell these important stories.
The Handmade Revolution is a partnership where buyers, makers and providers embrace a common cause: creating the conditions necessary where we can compete fairly and effectively in an environment that often encourages bad practices. Choosing to buy handmade has deep repercussions that influence our environment, fair wages, freedom of choice through the ownership and production of meaningful products.
We believe that forming like-minded groups like Artizan Made helps provide some relief to the demands of owning an online business. Most of our shop owners face endless tasks involving product development, photography, listing the products, dealing with customer service, marketing and shipping. Artizan Made can help by providing peer support and joint marketing. We have a private group on Facebook where we share tips and information and the site invests in paid promotions on Facebook and elsewhere. But, the main value is in bringing together a group that offers high quality products and service. Most of our shops are on Etsy, although we are increasing our support to stand-alone shops. We are small, but focused, and our motto includes a partnership between sellers and buyers: “Together we can do great things!”
Our shops all contribute a small amount to help cover staff time and marketing costs. Currently, the membership fee is $125 for the set-up and a $12.50/month automatic payment through PayPal. Learn more on our Join Page.
We thank you for your support!
Questions or comments? Feel free to use the comment box below or email us through our Contact Page.
Artizan Made Market
Visit our Market for pure handmade eye candy!
- All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Pot, Vases, Niche, Ceramics, Native American-Western, Tribal Art, Vintage, Elements, Black, Brown, Rustic, White, Materials, Clay, Terra Cotta, Method, Coil Built, Painted, Provenance, Americas, USACulturalPatina maintains a large shop on Etsy with over 800 Museum quality products and original art. Our focus is primarily on American Western art, but we also have a sizable collection on Naga beadwork and textiles, along with other tribal from around the world. Clicking on the 'Shop on Etsy' button will take you to that section of our shop where you can see similar works. If this item has sold, you should be able to find something else of the same quality and price range.$14,061.00 Shop: CulturalPatina Gallery
- All Products, Accessories, Shawls, Wraps, Fair Trade, Textiles, Weaving, Stripes, Cotton, Woven, Americas, GuatemalaHandwoven cotton wraps with striking borders and hand knotted fringe Click on the Visit our Website button to see what we have in stock.$44.00 Shop: MayaMamWeavers
- All Products, Home and Office, Bedding, Throws, Niche, Textiles, Elements, Brown, Shabby Chic, Method, Knitted, Provenance, Americas, USAThere are few things more decadent than curling up in the unparalleled warmth of this chunky cabled alpaca throw.$585.00 Shop: Jwrobel
- All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Bowls, Woodwork, Materials, Wood, Turned, Provenance, Americas, USAThis listing on Artizan Made is linked to my shop on Etsy where you will be able to see all of my work in stock. Click on the Shop button to visit.$55.00 Shop: Nelsonwood
- All Products, Accessories, Scarves, Shawls, Wraps, Fair Trade, Blue, Cotton, Silk, USADyed with indigo, this silk organza scarf has cotton balls woven into the weft to create a polka dot pattern.Dimensions: 66" Long, 18" Wide Click on the Visit button to go to my Jane Porter Fashion Shop.$45.00 Shop: Jane Porter Fashion
- All Products, To Wear, Clothing, Tops, Jackets, Niche, Kids, Clothing - Babies, Kids, Teens, Fair Trade, Folk Art, Textiles, Tribal Art, Weaving, Elements, Blue, Boho, Materials, Fiber, Silk, Method, Dyed, Sewn, Woven, Provenance, Asia, Tajikistan, UzbekistanThis stunning one-of-a-kind hand-woven Central Asian 100% silk ikat kimono jacket will make you stand out from the crowd, regardless of the occasion. It's perfect as a casual jacket with jeans or an elegant cover-up for a black tie event.Clicking on the "Visit Shop" button will take you to the HoonArts Fair Trade shop where you can purchase this item and see what other one-of-a-kind and small artist's edition treasures are currently in stock.$80.00 Shop: HoonArts Fair Trade