This contest is now over! Congratulations to our winners:
Scroll down to see the contest. We had 74 submissions! A wonderful tribute to the color Blue!
The next contest will be in May.
Welcome to our March 2016 Photo Contest!
Our Artizan Made contests are a regular event on our site with a new contest starting on the 15th of every month. We are now doing a series focused on colors, where the dominant color of the image is the contest theme. Sign up to get our blog posts by email (on the sidebar) if you would like to be notified when the next one goes live. See the past ones here: Photo Contests.
This contest’s theme has to have something handmade in the image and the dominant color of the image needs to be blue.
Vintage is allowed.
Read the Rules!!!
and then scroll down to the contest area.
You are allowed to photoshop your image and make it into art. In other words, you can manipulate the photo in any way you want, but the dominant color of the photo needs to be red, showing something handmade. No collages. (Image needs to be one seamless image.)
1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi.
Please make your image square! Images are cropped to a square automatically, so you might lose important visual info if it is a rectangle.
- Anyone is welcome to participate. Each participant can submit two photos.
- You must have the right to the photos you post. (Ex: If you did not take the photo, you must have permission from the photographer to use it, unless you are using a copyright free image to manipulate a photo.) Show off YOUR work!
- We retain the right to delete any photo that is poorly done or inappropriate for a family audience. Please note the size of the image. We will delete blurry and poorly cropped images. Make it nice!
- After submitting the photo, it will be held for approval and then posted on this page.
- There is a text field for a one liner when you submit. You can add more text to the image on Facebook once we post it there.
- Submissions will be added several times a day to this album on our Facebook page: ArtizanMade
- Deadline for submissions: March 21st, 10PM Central US time.
- Anyone can vote by clicking on the heart on up to ten photos. Just hover and click the heart.
- Help your favorites win by sharing their photos with your peeps.
- Deadline for voting: March 22nd 10PM Central US time
- Winners: First and second places will be determined by the number of votes. If the same person wins twice in a row, the next one will be picked. If there is a tie, both will be given the same place.
- First place winner will be given a one year ad on TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List. Second place wins a one month ad.
Contest Starts Here:
The upload link and timer will show up when the contest goes live and then disappear when it is over.
To vote, hover over the image and click on the heart.
Problems? Email rayela @ comcast.net. (remove spaces)
Thank you for participating in our contest! This has been a great way to interact with our community. Our sister site, TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List, also holds one photo contest a month with textile/fiber related themes. That is also open to the public and contests are announced on the blog. Contests there start on the 5th of every month. We are skipping April for both sites as we are extending Artizan’s site. Stay tuned for news! Contests will start up again in May.
Artizan Made is a collective of handmade shops. Learn more on our About and Join pages. Most of our shops sell on Etsy, but we also support stand-alone sites. Explore our site, get inspired and support handmade!
Quickview All Products, Artizan MadeFundraiser for a community revitalization project in Paducah, Kentucky.$100.00 Shop: Artizan Made
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Niche, Kids, Decorative, Ceramics, Holiday Themes, Valentine's Day, Elements, Dots, Red, White, Materials, Clay, Method, Slab Built, Provenance, Americas, USA, Under $30Clicking on the Shop on Etsy Button below will take you to my Etsy Shop. Once there, explore what I have available. Like something from my SOLD listings? Ask! I may have a similar piece in my studio!$12.00 Shop: ClayLickCreekPottery
Quickview All Products, To Wear, Accessories, Scarves, Niche, For Women, Valentine's Day, Elements, Pink, Materials, Wool, Method, Knitted, Provenance, Americas, USA
Mohair Cloud Infinity ScarfLaceweight mohair infinity scarf in hues ranging from magenta to orange Temari balls and fine handknits by India Tresselt. www.yarndancevt.com This listing on Artizan Made links over to my shop on Etsy. You will be able to see what I have in stock there.
Quickview All Products, To Wear, Accessories, Bags, Niche, For Women, Valentine's Day, Elements, Figurative, Animals, Blue, Green, Nature, Materials, Cotton, Method, Sewn, Provenance, Americas, USAExpert construction, inventive shapes and a decorative flap are signatures of the Something Else Studio bags. The Woodland Shoulder Bag typically feature a goddess or nature theme.$110.00 Shop: SomethingElseStudio
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Table Top, Plates, Niche, For Women, For Men, Holiday Themes, Valentine's Day, Weddings, Woodwork, Brown, Materials, Wood, Turned, Provenance, Americas, USAThis listing on Artizan Made is linked to my shop on Etsy where you will be able to see all of my work in stock. Click on the Shop button to visit.$45.00 Shop: Nelsonwood
Quickview All Products, To Wear, Jewelry, Bracelets, Niche, Valentine's Day, Textiles, Elements, Nature, Purple, Materials, Fiber, Method, Sewn, Provenance, Americas, USARayon and metallic threads, stitched on my domestic sewing machine, create lovely aspen leaves to wear around your wrist.$50.00 Shop: Doughty Designs
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Wall Art, Mixed Media Art, Niche, For Women, For Men, Folk Art, Holiday Themes, Valentine's Day, Vintage, Woodwork, Elements, Blue, Red, Spirituality, Materials, Mixed Media, Wood, Method, Painted, Provenance, Americas, Mexico3 piece lot of folk art pieces are from Mexico & Peru. This listing links to my shop on Etsy. Click on the Shop on Etsy to see what I have in stock there.$36.00
Quickview All Products, Home and Office, Wall Art, Art Quilts, Art Quilts Niche, Holiday Themes, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Red, Cotton, Quilted, USAContemporary Art Quilt for the Wall. Improvisationally designed and stitched on my home sewing machine with variegated thread.$295.00 Shop: CindyGrisdelaArtQuilts
Quickview All Products, To Wear, Accessories, Footwear, Slippers, Socks, Leggings, Niche, Clothing - Babies, Kids, Teens, Valentine's Day, Elements, Black, Yellow, Materials, Fiber, Synthetic, Method, Knitted, Provenance, Americas, USAThese are examples of the knit Mary Jane slipper socks that I offer in my shop on Etsy. They are made to order for the perfect size and color. Click on the Shop on Etsy button to visit.$35.00